We hope you’ll join us to celebrate our iconic “People’s Palace” and kindly request your participation by extending an invitation to your district’s residents, as it’s the people in attendance who will make this celebration special.
A free community event of significant proportions, the Centennial Celebration promises delights for guests of all ages and persuasions. Here’s a glimpse of what’s in store:
- Live music on two stages, including performances by the San Francisco Symphony and San Francisco Opera;
- Longtime San Francisco troubadour and musical director Chuck Prophet shines a spotlight on San Francisco’s storied musical and cultural history through its songs, featuring emcee Ben Fong-Torres and a diverse lineup of acclaimed musicians who have made their home and honed their craft in San Francisco, including: Jello Biafra, Tim Bluhm (The Mother Hips), Andy Cabic (Vetiver), Penelope Houston (The Avengers), Mark Kozelek (Red House Painters/Sun Kil Moon), Prairie Prince (The Tubes), Jorge Santana (original member and leader of Malo), Kelley Stoltz, and more;
- Classic jazz and blues chanteuse Lavay Smith hosts a jazz and blues stage featuring performances by Jules Broussard, Denise Perrier, Paula West, Big Bones, and Freddie Hughes;
- A remarkable lineup of SF residents representing the City’s artistic communities perform in a two-channel “silent disco” concert, in addition to main stage DJ sets featuring DJ Apollo (Triple Threat DJs), Jimmy Love (NonStop Bhangra), Page Hodel (MondayHeartsforMadelyn), and Motion Potion (SF Funk / HUSH), to name just a few;
- A transformed Civic Center Plaza with star-shaped lanterns, giant animated glowing flowers, a light sculpture garden, interactive art, games for all ages, and a children’s wonderland with a furry forest, rainbow pyramid, fairy dome, face painting fantasies, and much more;
- A vast carnival courtyard featuring strolling circus performers, sleight-of-hand magicians, fantasy-costumed stilters, flamboyant marching bands, break dancers, stage show circus acts, jugglers, bubble blowers, contortionists, and sword swallowers;
- A veritable smorgasbord of local gourmet food trucks; and
- An extraordinary visual display on the façade of City Hall
If you would like more information about the event, please visit www.sfcityhall100.com.