The San Francisco Department of Public Works (DPW) and their contractor A. Ruiz Construction will be performing roadway improvements along five intersections of the Market Street corridor between 6th and 10th Streets. This work is scheduled for this Friday, October 25th starting at 11:00pm and will end Saturday night, October 26th, 2013 at 7:00pm.
Traffic along Market Street will be closed between 6th and 10th Street for the duration of the project. Crews will work around the clock, with the goal of completing the project within 24 hours. This coordinated effort involves the SFPUC sewer operations crews (some sewer work will be done at the same time), DPW and SFMTA . The work will consist of grinding away the old asphalt in the intersections and repaving them with new asphalt and painted traffic lanes to create a smoother ride for cyclists and motorists.
- Market Street will be closed in both directions between 10th Street and 6th Street to all motorists, bicycles, taxis and buses. The closure will occur 11:00pm, Friday October 25th until Saturday night October 26th , 2013 at 7:00pm.
- The impacted intersections between 6th Street and 10th Street will be intermittently closed during this time. (see intersections and times below)
- Market Street and intersection crossings will remain open/accessible for pedestrians.
- Public transit that runs along Market Street between 10th-6th Streets will be rerouted onto Mission Street and will utilize existing Mission Street bus-stops. MTA reroute information to follow shortly.
- Motorists should avoid the area to minimize delays.
Market Street Intersection Closure Schedule – Friday & Saturday October 25th-26th, 2013
10th Street intersection – 11:00pm Friday – 6:00am Saturday
6th Street intersection – 2:00am-9:00am Saturday
7th Street intersection – 4:00am-12:00pm (noon) Saturday
8th Street intersection – 7:00am-3:00pm Saturday
9th Street intersection – 12:00pm (noon)-7:00pm Saturday